Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Abandon tension all ye who enter here

One of the things I like most in life is

Walking in nature...
Walking in nature with my dogs...
Walking in nature with my friends and all our dogs...
Over the years walking in nature turned into something that is close to praying or meditating for me. In an expanded state of awareness being able to communicate with myself, my dogs and my friends is an experience I cherish.
It is not something I shrug off or push away. If I would do that I would miss a door that is sometimes leading to another world.
A interior world where I can dissolve tension and be free from conceptions of the past.
For me personally it has been very important (and it still is of course) to unlearn what I learned in the past about myself and about dogs.
What I needed was NOT more information about the exterior world.
Many times when I visit clients they tell me they have had dogs "all their lives" or they show me the dozens of books they have read about dog training. Years ago I used to ask myself why they needed me. I even used to say:"Having read all those books you must know more about dogs than I do!"
Now I know and understand the difference between information about the exterior world and wisdom from the interior world.
Clients want me to come and visit them because they are looking for the solution to a problem. Some of them seeing what my simple presence does to their dogs, ask themselves what is happening. It allows me to explain the importance of the way we behave. And of course, the way we behave is the result of what we feel.
According to me more dog training classes, more books about dog behaviour, more videos, dvd's or television programs about dogs, are useless if our way of knowing ourselves is faulty.
All these dog training classes, books, videos, dvd's and tv programs are a waste of time and money if we do not learn more about how we really behave.
As an illustration about how wrong we can be when we suppose something, or when we make assumptions, have prejudiced opinions or make expectations I want to tell you an old story.
One day some men took refuge from a storm in a barn that was pitch-black inside.
- "There is something in here with us!", exclaimed one. "I can hear it breathing."
- "You are right", another said,"I'm reaching out and feeling a large, rough wall that seems to be moving."
- "No! From where I am it feels like a snake", a third one said.
- "Over here I feel a very large leaf moving up and down", still another said.
- "Over here I can feel the trunk of a tree", a fifth shouted.
The men argued for a while longer and then decided to light a torch. When they did, they found they were all looking at an elephant.
Perhaps what our dogs are looking forward to is not to meet an elephant but to live with a human being who can relax and loosen the knots in her/his muscles, whether emotional, physical, mental or psychic. If we can do that we will be able to offer them the luxury of our calm, assertive energy.
It will be a most amazing present for them and certainly for ourselves too.
There is a story about the twentieth-century Sufi Samuel L. Lewis who had a vision of the doorway leading to heaven. What Lewis had seen was that over the doorway stood written:
 "Abandon tension all ye who enter here."
When I walk in nature with my dogs, this is the heaven I want to be in.
Dog walking classes in the Orba heaven on Sunday/Zondag 24.11.2013
I want to make several suggestions for this coming Zondag/Sunday.
Taking into account the knees of Astrid and the hips of my 15 year old Labrador (I want to bring her along) I am inviting you to join me for an easy, flat and not too long walk in Orba, starting from the cemetery.
There is another reason why I am suggesting this.
This coming Sunday my very good friend Anne Duguid from Montserrat will join us. She is prepared to drive 250 km to and fro from Montserrat in order to experience the magic of our pack.
Last but not least I am suggesting that we stay together after the walk and go for lunch at La Piscina in Orba, where they serve the best pizzas in Spain. No wonder because Maurizio the owner is Italian.
Is that OK with ye'all?
Please offer me the possibility to book a table by telling me if you are coming or not. 
If you know the cemetery in Orba, be there at 10.15. If you do not know it, come to the library in Jalón where I will wait from 9.45 till 10.00. I will pick up Anne from Montserrat at the Salida Benissa/Teulada/Calpe at 9.15 

Kindest regards from Brunothedoglistener.
Teaching humans how to behave around canines.
http://www.brunodogs.com
brunoswalkscaminatas.blogspot.com
690 19 29 76

No comments:

Post a Comment